The Smart Hands Engineer will work alongside the WSS Dublin Site support team to engage in business impacting production incidents and end-user problem tickets.
Location: Dublin, Ireland
The Smart Hands Engineer will be responding to tickets relating to network connectivity issues (LAN & WAN), basic hardware troubleshooting of pc/laptop/thin client issues, basic pc/Virtual desktop software installations, 1st level diagnosis of printer issues, 1st level Audio Visual / Telepresence troubleshooting. As well as all types of patching, break fix, circuit provision and recovery, disconnect/reconnect of desktop and networking equipment, rack and stack of Data Centre Hardware and provision of connectivity to DC Hardware.
- Assist Dublin IT manager with capacity planning metrics.
- Risk awareness of technology changes and potential business impact. Leverage the wider EMEA Redstone team to enhance/de-risk the services the Dublin WSS site support team provide to their Dublin / Sweden clients.
- Assist with other system related activities (e.g. IMAC).
- Install or replace customer replaceable hardware components with IT equipment.
- Carry out all types of Copper Voice and Data terminations as required by the ExcelRedstone portfolio of cabling systems.
- Audit and document existing cabling installations.
- Audit and document desktop configuration, including patching and power, for existing and proposed user locations.
- Carry out all types of patching / jumpering including all types of voice, data, fibre, dealerboard and market data.
- Carry out testing and fault finding on Copper and Fibre Cabling Infrastructure (including ISDN Line Tests) using a variety of modern testers to include continuity testers, tone generators and modern cabling standards testers.
- Rack and Stack Hardware in Comms Rooms and Data Centre Halls and provide connectivity to the Hardware.
Some out-of-hours and weekend work may be required. E.g. new office build-out or floor restack works.