Due to our ongoing growth we are looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join our Project Delivery and Commercial team to deliver their expertise and cover the full lifecycle of projects from inception through to final accounts.
Location: London | Posted: 8 November 2018
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor who is comfortable working alone to deliver a variety of projects ranging from £200k-£6m. The ideal candidate will have plenty of experience working in the construction industry on large commercial projects such as fulfilment centres, office buildings and shopping centres, working with/for main construction contractors such as MACE, ISG, Overbury’s.
- Management of all contracts coming in and out of the business. Review all contracts for onerous conditions. Resolve and support project team with contract disputes.
- Support project teams with acceleration claims.
- Support project teams with prevention of delay and disruption claims and education on how to overcome delay and disruption issues. Support business with delay and disruption claims as they arise.
- Dispute Resolution.
- QS Negotiations – support delivery team with complex and difficult final account negotiations.
- Quantity Surveying – support project team with large commercial projects from time to time.
- Standard Documents – Assist the business with developing and implementing documents to mitigate risk to the business.
- Measurement and valuation of additional works.
- Give support and advice to site team on commercial matters where possible.Take timely and proper action (e.g., notices) in accordance with the contract/sub-contract. Assist with preparation of contractual claims.
- Contribute to the set up and review of the project risk register.
- Ensure financial and contractual needs of a contract are fully met in line with the required standards and time constraints.
- Training – complete training to the delivery team to educate.
- Degree/HNC/HND in Quantity Surveying.
- Excellent legal knowledge of construction contracts.
- Excellent organiser with proven time management skills.
- Numerate with good IT skills.
- Extensive experience with dealing with main construction contractors, clients such as ISG, MACE, OVERBURYS.
- Experience in extension of time claims.
- Experience of cost build ups and analysis.
- Experience of the tendering process.
- Experience of variation costing.
- Experience managing clients QS and clients.
- A good knowledge of construction methods and materials.