Working within a team of support engineers, the you will responsible for supporting the campus building and data centre operations in Frankfurt in accordance with the standard policies and procedures designated by the group.
Location: Frankfurt | Posted: 31 October 2018
You will be extremely customer-focused, well organised, technically advanced and possess significant experience related to infrastructure and operations in enterprise environments.
- Deploy new equipment such as building racks, cabling and complete hardware installation both including network, server and desktop for new deployments, ensuring adherence to documented procedures.
- Assist with all facets of build process, including: shipping and receiving, identification of incompatibility and work around solutions needed.
- Review the pipeline information’s about power (Rack, PDU’s capacity, AC/DC circuits etc.), networking (Cable Matrix File, fibre or RJ45, CAT6) cabinet drawing (equipment in the cabinet on which rack unit), connections to Terminal Servers closely working with facility resources.
- Continual monitoring of Data Centre support queues, troubleshoot and diagnose hardware problems.
- Perform Data centre walk throughs verifying alerts for PDUs, HVACs, and RPPs as well as for any server ambers lights reporting any finds to Technical Support.
- Data centre Health check Report – Information’s about possible alarms for all equipment from Data Centre, detailed information’s and Rack density (% of cabinet and racks usage).
- Audit data centre: spares, cabinets, rows, hardware, fibre and patch cables and cross connects to complete the Audit of Data Centre and desk top assets inventory (applicable DCIM tool).
- Perform installation and operations duties for data centre facilities, as required.
- Installing different cabinets fully populated with power and networking installation. (Dell, Oracle & including Blade Chassis, Cisco & Juniper switches, storage devices, Terminal servers, TAP’s from Net Optics (copper and fibre).
• Installing RJ45, CAT6 and/or optical fiber cables and/or inside the MDF cabinets
• Assist in maintenance and monitoring of Data centre systems to include incidents/events, problems, changes, monitoring, problem escalation/notification/resolution and all other aspects of support
• Assisting in routine changes using the Console port for some changes (IP’s, Gateway, ports, etc.) and server relocations within and across the data centres.
- Ticket or Change Tasks, Incidents for different problems or needs for installing, configuring or repairing etc. Updating and/or Closing it).
- Installing ,maintaining and fault finding IPT standard and Turret Telephony.
- Planning and Implementing desk top hardware moves
- Experience within a large, Windows & Linux-based data centre environment.
- Familiarity with data centre power, cooling, cabling, as well as other infrastructure issues.
- Proficiency in using data centre servers, cabling, racks, and in-rack-PDUs.
- Huge knowledge in installing, configuring and maintaining production infrastructure and patching.
- Skilled in installing cable, fiber, power, and rack mounting equipment.
- Exceptional ability to provide support to the data centre and desktop.
- Enterprise server, storage, and network hardware.
- LAN and voice break-fix analysis through to resolution.
- Experience of working with financial sector.
- Ability to work with officers of the bank to achieve the objectives of the group.
- Ability to prioritise and be a team player.
- Flexibility to work out of hours at short notice.
- Flexibility to work shifts between 06.30 and 19.00.
- Availability to work some weekends.
- Data centre Certifications or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity of Window Operating Systems.