We are looking for an ICT Engineer to work within our team of engineers carrying out ICT cabling infrastructure support at ExcelRedstone client sites on a 24/7 shift.
Location: London (regular travel to Slough) | Posted: 1 August 2018
The work will include all types of patching, break-fix, circuit provision and recovery, disconnect/reconnect of desktop and networking equipment, rack and stack of Data Centre Hardware and provision of connectivity to DC Hardware. The position will be site based in London with regular travel to our campus in Slough and reports to the Campus Supervisor.
If you have a good understanding of modern computer network infrastructures, are enthusiastic, with good attention to detail and follow procedures accurately we would like to hear from you.
- Carry out all types of Copper Voice and Data terminations as required by the ExcelRedstone portfolio of cabling systems.
- Monitor the client’s ticket system and ensure tickets are assigned and SLA’s are achieved.
- Audit and document existing cabling installations.
- Audit and document desktop configuration, including patching and power, for existing and proposed user locations.
- Compile patching schedules as required.
- Utilise IIM / CMS Software as required for patching planning.
- Power down and disconnect all desktop equipment including any peripherals ensuring all identified and labelled correctly ready for reconnection.
- Reconnection and power up of all desktop equipment including any peripherals.
- Configure D Type Connectors for a variety of applications.
- Carry Out DBAN Disk Wipes by use of Software.
- Carry out all types of patching / jumpering including all types of voice, data, fibre, dealerboard and market data.
- Carry out testing and fault finding on Copper and Fibre Cabling Infrastructure (including ISDN Line Tests) using a variety of modern testers to include continuity testers, tone generators and modern cabling standards testers.
- Keep records of all stock delivered and update as stock is used and advise line manager of any requirements, shortfalls.
- Carry out surveys and update drawings and schedules.
- Install and test analogue, digital and VOIP telephone handsets and provide headset support as required.
- Rack and Stack Hardware and Servers in Comms Rooms and Data Centre Halls and provide connectivity.
- Keep records of all new assets installed and update records for all changes using Asset Management Software when required.
- Carry out all works under current Health & Safety procedures conforming to ExcelRedstone and the clients H&S Policies.
- Ensure all works comply with ExcelRedstone, Client and Manufacturers quality standards.
- Conform to ExcelRedstone Support/Managed Services processes at all times.
- •Experience working in Voice and Data Cabling environment OR 1 Year plus 1 Year in Trainee ICT Engineer role.
- Experience in a Moves Adds and Changes environment (1 of these years in an Operational Data Centre) OR in MAC or Trainee ICT Engineer role.
- Understanding of modern computer network infrastructure.
- Understanding and practical experience of fibre and copper voice and data cabling including terminating, test equipment, test parameters and test techniques.
- Knowledge of Rack and Stack of Server Hardware and Rack and Stack Systems.
- Good knowledge of Remedy and Asset Point (Or other Process and Asset Management Tools).
- Good knowledge of Server Patching.
- Knowledge of LAN / WAN and Active devices.
- Able to use all types of Modern Hand Held Cable Standards Testers.
- Able to use a light Source and Power Meter.
Advantageous experience / Training:
- CCNA qualified.
- BICSI qualified.
- Practical experience of Intelligent Infrastructure Management