The Data Centre Support Engineer is required to deliver a Moves, Adds and Changes service within a client data centre.
Location: Basingstoke | Posted: 14 February 2018
The position is very Customer Oriented and requires a strong focus on customer requirements.
The commitment to providing a High Quality service to meet the demands of a strict process driven environment is essential.
The successful applicant will be required to work on 24 x 7 x 365 shift basis. Reports to the Data Centre Supervisor.
- Manage third party vendors within a large data centre to ensure compliance with change control, specification and quality standards.
- Manage Data Centre access for all users.
- Change Control Management.
- Decommissioning of redundant equipment and cabling.
- Installation of new cabling and cable management within a Date Centre Environment.
- Installation of new server racks.
- Rack and stack servers and other network hardware.
- Management and Tracking of assets.
- Compliance with ExcelRedstone and Client Health & safety Procedures.
- Compliance with Manufacturers, ExcelRedstone and Clients Quality Standards.
- Compliance to Clients and Support Services approved processes.
- Experience working in Voice and Data Cabling environment.
- Experience in a Moves Adds and Changes environment (some in an Operational Data Centre).
- Thorough understanding of modern computer network infrastructure.
- Thorough understanding and practical experience of fibre and copper voice and data cabling including terminating, test equipment, test parameters and test techniques.
- Good Knowledge of Rack and Stack of Server Hardware and Rack and Stack Systems.
- Good technical knowledge of managing server systems.
- Good knowledge of Data Centre Operation and Management Procedures.
- Good knowledge of Remedy and Asset Point (Or other Process and Asset Management Tools).
- Good knowledge of Server Patching.
- Knowledge of LAN / WAN and Active devices.
- Good Knowledge of Change control in a Data Centre Environment.
- Able to use Fluke Hand Held Testers.
- Able to use a light Source and Power Meter.
Preferred but not Essential:
- CCNA Qualified.
- CNCI Qualified.
- Practical experience of Intelligent Infrastructure Management.